Calling the Bluff: Why PCI-DSS is Not Enough to Safeguard Credit Card Payments
An average card payment data breach results in nearly $2 million in penalties in addition to 88% customers ‘losing trust’ or ‘terminating business.’
With the rise in credit card payments, credit and A/R leaders have either already deployed or are looking for enterprise card payment acceptance solutions. While more than 40% credit and A/R leaders express concerns about security, solution vendors are quick to brush aside concerns, citing their compliance with PCI-DSS.
However, PCI-DSS does little to ‘prevent’ the breach. Most vendor solutions duplicate the storage of sensitive payment information outside secure banking infrastructure – significantly increasing the probability of a data-breach.
Join us as we take you on a journey of your customers’ payment information, from swipe-to-settle. We will arm you with the right questions to safeguard your enterprise card payment process as we discuss technology that eliminates the storage of sensitive information other than at the bank.
In this 30-minute webinar, you will learn how to:
- Understand the limited protection offered by PCI-DSS and what it means for your business
- Identify possible sources of vulnerability in your existing payments setup
- Evaluate a card payment solution for its actual level of risk-exposure
- Leverage processor-tokenization for safeguarding card payments
Duration: 30 minutes
- Shankar Bellam, Sr. Solution Architect, HighRadius